Hi there. Remember me? I was posting here, every so often, talking about plans and what I’d gotten done and stuff?
So, yeah, kinda fell off the wagon there. Big props to Shawn for yelling at me for not doing these updates – much <3 and appreciation. The combination of a weeks vacation for the kids spring break, followed by 3 days of business travel and then 2 days of illness, pretty much have destroyed any semblance of a routine I had going. Given that I’m traveling again at the end of this week, to speak at the DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop, I’m refraining from getting to deep into goal setting right now.
Let’s look at the explicit goals I set the last time I updated, a month ago:
- Get AppleCare activated on Ms13’s iPad – ended up not being possible because Apple delivered shitty customer service (long story)
- Implement new blog theme – after doing some work towards implementing it, I backed off the theme I had picked out, and am back to looking for alternatives. Aside from getting ready to deliver my DCBPW talk, this is my primary focus for the coming week.
- Deliver Swift talk at Hack Salem – done, and I think it went well. Looking forward to giving this one a few more times!
- Make a dent in the GitGot issues queue – haven’t done squat, but moving this back off the front burner for a bit.
So, yeah, more travel at the end of this week means I’m gonna have a fairly modest set of goals for this week, because really I need to get back into the habit of wins more than anything. So, goals:
- Deliver talk at DCBPW
- Post update next week – I will be traveling when this is supposed to happen, so this is a bit of a challenge
- Re-establish exercise routine – see above re: travel and challenges
- Finish March Pull Request Challenge – and, yes, fuck you, I know it’s a week plus into April. Have we not established that the theme of this whole post is how much I suck?
Hope everybody is having a more productive time of things than I am, and see you all next week.