Last week, I posted my planned menu for the
Mastodon, and then followed up with some photos of the different
dishes. Folks seemed to enjoy it, so I thought I’d see if I can’t make
this a little bit of a recurring thing – but also do it here on the
blog, and link to the recipes, instead of duplicating the same content
across a bunch of social sites (and then link from the sites back to
here, POSSE style…)
once again, i’m feeling the urge to start doing some public writing.
currently unsure whether that’s going to express itself here, or over
on recipes.genehack.org, or somewhere
else; if it ends up being here, i‘m not sure what i’d write about, as
my current non-work activities are …scant.
hell, maybe i’ll start updating covid.house
again and see if that scratches the itch…
anyway, while i figure out what it is i’m gonna be doing, i figured i
would spend part of a holiday monday getting dependencies updated,
making sure my deploy toolchain is still working, and so on. if you’re
reading this, everything is working.
After over eight years, I must now make the bitter sweet announcement
that yesterday was my last day at Infinity.
It was an incredible ride, full of stuff that I’m super proud to have
been a part of accomplishing. I’m always going to be grateful for the
opportunities that working at Infinity gave me, and all the stuff I
learned while working there. I’m gonna miss …well, let’s just say,
I’m gonna miss a lot, but especially the incredibly smart and talented
folks I was fortunate enough to work alongside during my time there.
I am also exceptionally excited to announce that I’m joining
Opentrons, to lead a team of developers
working on the laboratory information management system powering
PRL.NYC, a COVID testing facility in New York.
I’ve already been working with them for a few months on contract from
Infinity, so I expect my transition is going to be pretty smooth.
Recently, I’ve been writing code for a work project that involves a
and TypeScript, along with a backend API that’s completely TypeScript.
My emacs config gave me
great tooling when I was working on the API, but support for the front
end code felt really lacking in comparison. Yesterday, thanks to a
I solved this.
I’m really happy about it!
I recently read “Every Tool’s A
Adam Savage’s autobiography. In chapter ten, he talks about his hatred
of drawers, and then devotes some time to how he makes custom drawer
organizers from foamcore.
Now, I’ve long had a mixed relationship with my drawers (ahem.) I
don’t have the same “out of sight out of mind” issue that Savage
describes in his book, but I’ve long hated how things in drawers
won’t stay put. I’ve tried using in-drawer organizers, but that just
moved the problem to a different level: stuff would stay inside the
organizers, but the organizers themselves would still slip and slide
when the drawer was opened or closed.