2010, ov vey…
- Produce Before You Consume, via Rasterweb
- Make Your Mockup in Markup
- If you eat ground beef -- like, fast food hamburgers, say -- you may actually be consuming ammonia-treated fatty trimmings, otherwise known as "pink slime". There's lots more coverage of this story at Flutterby and MetaFilter. I can't express how disgusting this is.
- Reading the above has me seriously pondering what we'd need to do to buy a quarter or half of a cow from a local smallfarmer; if anybody local to MoCo MD has info on that, yell.
- Lake Superior State has released the List of Banned Words for 2010. Includes "bromance" (sorry Medley...), "toxic assets", and "friend" as a verb.