Okay, I had thought that I’d be able to handle all the other things going on right now such that I’d still be able to get a little 'blogging done. Unfortunately, that’s not turning out to be the case. It’s time for me to bite the bullet, so I’m going to go ahead and officially put GeneHack on hiatus, until after I get to DC – which should be some time in the first week of April. If you want mail when updates resume, subscribe to the notification list.
For those that care, here’s my (planned) schedule for that time period:
- now - March 20: prepare for thesis defense (format thesis and practice defense talk).
- March 21: defend thesis
- March 22: submit thesis to Grad. College; general drunkenness.
- March 23 - March 25: pack madly.
- March 25: going away party; more general drunkenness.
- March 26 - March 27: continue packing madly.
- March 28: load u-pack-it truck.
- March 31: leave current apt; take Lor and cats to airport.
- April 1 - April 4: drive car from Tucson to DC.
- April 5 - April 9: unload truck; move in to new apt.
- April 10: first day at NCBI.
Just so y’all don’t think I’m slacking off…
Anyway, I hope to see all of you back in a couple of weeks; email is still welcome, and may even be responded to. 8^)=